Wednesday, August 25, 2010

IUG-GD

Hello Everybody,

This might not sound like me and I'm sorry if I betrayed my portrayal of being a super sadistic, radical and bad guy. But I would really like to congratulate all for your effort today. Note again, not results. Effort. I trust that everyone did their best for the games today. The results can't be helped and I personally apologize for that 5 goal let in by Scouts 01. (But they were damn gay ok) Everyone put in effort whether be it participating, cheering or being in FA duty. Thank you everyone.

Of course, there will be skeptics questioning me do I really feel this way? Do results seriously don't matter? Well I know that posts on this blog are supposed to be for the unit, but here are my two cents worth. Other UG members hit the minimum quota of sec1s and sec2s and then, fill the rest up with secondary threes. I admit for floorball we got soe lwin and hansheng later and so might really contradict what we want for all cadets to participate.

Basically, what we hope to attain is to allow as many cadets as possible to at least participate in the sports and move away from the elitist mindset. Which is why you noticed basketball had only Colin in it for upper secondary.

However I [and note I do not stand for my batch] feel that this is of course impractical and unrealistic for us to get last every year (btw good job for 4th for soccer ) in most sports for most cadets to participate. Do note however, despite the fact that I am against this practice, my congratulations and thanks to all of you are sincere as I really saw most of you put in your utmost effort for this IUG games.

Therefore, to end off this post, I would like to ask all of you and seek your feedback. Would you rather we do proper screening tests and allocate people who are particularly good to go before filling the remaining empty slots with people who wish to go? Or do you wish for us to try and put as many people who wish to go for the sport as possible disregarding proficiency? I hope for your honest feedback. Please feedback on the tagboard and I will be monitoring it for your responses. If no feedback is given we will just continue with this practice of moving away from elitism then. Thank you very much for listening to my rambling xD

Best Regards,
Jee Kinn

No comments:

Post a Comment